We are excited to offer our students a chance to join us from their home stage for a LIVE online class in a format that will allow students to get direct feedback from instructors! We are so glad we can continue learning together in an interactive setting.
We will be streaming our classes on Zoom! It’s easy! Clear out space at home to allow for movement, have your device set up, access the Zoom link provided in your upcoming classes on the Parent Portal and we’ll do the rest!
WATCH THIS VIDEO: HOW TO ENROLL IN A VIRTUAL CLASS WHEN YOU NEED TO STAY HOME
HOW TO GET REGISTERED TO ATTEND A VIRTUAL CLASS:
- Log in to the parent portal, first time logging in? No problem, select “Forgot my password” to finish setting up your account.
- Click the drop-down navigation in top left corner, select “request a trial/drop-in class.”
- Select the virtual season for your program (dance, preschool, or company)
- Select the class and choose the date you’ll need to attend at home
- REPEAT if you’re in multiple classes
WHAT STUDENTS NEED:
- Download the Zoom app on a tablet or computer that allows for video and audio.
- Tablet- Download Zoom from App Store or Google Play
- Computer- Click on your class access link in the parent portal and then click “launch zoom” (If this is your first time using Zoom, you’ll be prompted to download a small executable file.)
- Space to dance- large enough to move around a little, but not much is required.
- An open mind! This is a new experience for all involved! Let’s encourage our students to look for the positives and opportunities for growth.
HOW TO JOIN YOUR CLASS:
- Make sure you have an internet connection and are using a device that allows for both video and audio.
- Login into the parent portal, first time logging in? No problem, select forgot my password to finish setting up your account.
- Scroll down to “upcoming classes” and select the hyperlink under location. Then click “launch zoom” (If this is your first time using Zoom, you’ll be prompted to download a small executable file).
- When joining us check that your CAMERA IS ON and your MICROPHONE IS MUTED. Having multiple mics open created feedback noise making it hard to hear instruction.
- When the class is over, click “Leave” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Then click “Leave Meeting” and you’ll exit out of the classroom.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CLASS:
- Three minutes before your scheduled class, click the link and join the group. Arriving early will give you time to troubleshoot any issues you may come across.
- Please keep your video-enabled so your teacher can interact with you.
- Clear the space you are dancing in. Remove any household items, obstacles or hazards that could potentially harm you or those around you. Avoid slippery surfaces.
- Wear your dance clothing!
- Can’t see yourself? Make sure you enable your video by clicking the video icon so there is no slash through it.
- If your technology isn’t working, try closing all media players because they can interfere (iTunes, GooglePlay, etc) and then restart your computer.
- Calls often get dropped but don’t worry- just click on the same link and rejoin.
We can’t wait to see you and experience this new way of learning! Your continued dedication to our mission to provide your child with invaluable life skills through dance ensures we can continue doing the work we do.
If you have any questions, please reach out. We are here and ready to help!