SAFER STUDIO GUIDELINES
The health of our staff, students, and families has always been our highest priority. Studio 56 Dance & Little Learners Preschool follows the Safer Studio guidelines, which prioritize a hierarchy of safety and wellness measures. They include, but are not limited to, wellness checks, amplified and frequent hand hygiene, enhanced environmental services, minimizing mixing and mingling via physical distancing practices, curricular and facility adjustments, and continuous parent communication. As a reminder as we are going into regular cold and flu season, it is important that we continue our combined efforts to follow these guidelines. Please continue to monitor your children and do not send them to class if they have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, etc. Thank you so much for everyone’s enhanced awareness and efforts in keeping our dancers healthy.
Sending a child with symptoms to class in a mask is not an acceptable solution. Please keep children home when they are sick.
STARTING NOW- SWIG, KRISPY KREME & LITTLE CAESAR FUNDRAISER:
Your first opportunity to earn money towards your account begins now! Earn $5 per card sold. Sale ends Oct 12th and will be ready for pick the week of Oct 25th. Find all information about the fundraiser HERE. Participation in fundraisers is completely optional.
OCT 13-15: (WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY) *NO CLASSES FOR FALL BREAK*
OCT 29 | HALLOWEEN BASH – TRUNK OR TREAT
Join us for this fun community event! Come in your costume ready to trick or treat and have a costume parade!
When: Friday, October 29 Trunk or Treat set up 5:30pm, guest arrive 6:30pm
Who: Studio 56 Students and the community
Where: West Murray Studio 170 W Winchester St.
What: We need volunteers to decorate their trunk for the Halloween BASH!!
Our fabulous party planning committee has arranged a wonderful gathering for the entire studio. If you as a parent would be willing to donate your decorated car please RSVP at the link below! We are also accepting candy and small toy donations for the Trunk or Treat starting Oct 4TH at both studios.
It is going to be SPOOKTACULAR!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO BRING A DECORATED CAR
OCT 29 | DEAD CITY HAUNTED HOUSE
Following the Trunk-or-Treat we will be heading to Dead City with the BIG KIDS!
When: Friday, Oct 29th
- Meet in the church parking lot at 5605 S Vine Street at 8:45pm
- We will walk as a group to Dead City (5425 S Vine St)
- Following our scary good time, we will walk back to the parking lot for pick up
Who: Any of the kiddos and parents that are up for a good scare (we suggest 12+)
What: RSVP below so we know who is coming. Pre-purchase your ticket ($26.95) online at https://deadcityhauntedhouse.fearticket.com/event/orderticket/eventid/830
CLICK HERE TO LET US KNOW YOU ARE COMING!
THE CONCERT: WHAT IS IT AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
You’ve heard us talking about it. You’ve seen it mentioned on our website and in our emails. You know there’s a lot of excitement around it… but what exactly IS the recital? Find out more HERE.
JUNE CONCERT – JUNE 18, 2022: A big part of dance training includes learning through performance! Our June Recital offers our students a professionally directed performance that allows them to present to their families and friends the results of a year’s hard work, dedication, and progress. The Parent Guide includes all performance details.
All families need to submit the consent forms on the first of year WAIVER to participate in recital. If you already submitted the waiver and need to consent to concert, you can fill out the consent HERE. All concert consents are due by Dec 15th.
We love the month of October…This month our theme is “Itsy Bitsy Spider!” We will be making an alphabet brew in our classes this month! The last week of October we will be celebrating Halloween in class by wearing our costumes to dance! We encourage you to get involved and have them practice their skills at home! This month we are focusing on: running, rolling our wrists, heel digs, grand battement, doughnuts and our scary faces!
October Stretch of the Month- Shoulders | Strength Challenge- Plank: We are so excited this year to have a “stretch of the month” and a “strength challenge” in our acro/tumbling classes! Encourage your child to work on these skills at home to help them improve even faster! Be more involved by printing off the at home practice tracker HERE.
CHRISTMAS CHARITY PROJECT: Although we are not going to be performing in our annual Dance for Life Benefit Concert, we are still going to be collecting PJ’s to donate to those in need of a comfy new pair of jammies this holiday. Get your dancer involved by watching for PJ’s at a good price. All the proceeds and PJ/books collected will be donated right here in Utah. More information to come!
Like “Studio 56 Dance Center” on Facebook and Instagram to receive reminders and great info! It is an easy way to stay up to date on upcoming events and see all the fun things our dancers are doing! Join our community Facebook group HERE.
ONLINE PARENT PORTAL
- The account you created online can be updated at any time. Log in on the website to update contact and billing information, register for new classes, and make payments. You can also reset your password any time.
- All studio event details are posted on the “newsletters” page that is on the portal page of the website. Please notify us if you aren’t getting our newsletters by email.
STARS CLASS UNIFORMS/DRESS CODE: STARS classes have a uniform and required dress code. This helps to create a more disciplined atmosphere, which allows for faster progress. Thanks for your patience as we await the arrival of our leotards. Please make sure your dancer is attending class each week in the following attire:
- Stars leotard (any leotard until they arrive)
- Pink tights
- Pink ballet shoes
- Hair in a clean, tight bun. Our bun tutorial can be found HERE
SOUTH DAVIS RECREATION SPOOKTACULAR: Our company and academic preschoolers will be providing the entertainment at the South Davis Rec Center’s Spooktacular Carnival on October 23rd from 5:30-8:30pm. This is a really fun event for families! Tickets go on sale at the Rec Center October 18th at 9am.
ODYSSEY’S PRODUCTION OF THRILLER: We are honored to announce that our studio has been selected to cast a few of our own dancers in Odyssey’s production of Thriller this year We’d love to have families support our dancers Thursday, October 21st or Friday, October 22nd at Kingsbury Hall. You can purchase tickets online HERE. Thriller is not recommended for children under the age of 8.
BALLET WEST NUTCRACKER: It is a studio tradition to go to Ballet West’s Nutcracker at Capitol Theater every year! We have a dancer casted as a buffoon in the production this year! Our studio Nutcracker Night Out will be December 17 at 7pm. Tickets can be purchased HERE ages 6+. Can’t make the show that night, Sophia will be performing Dec 17-21 if another showtime works better.
- October 13-15: Fall Break, no classes
- October 25-29: Diaper Dancers, Tiny Tots, Preschool Dance/Tumbling Wear costumes to class
- October 29: Trunk-or-Treat
- Nov 8-12: Fun Bun Week
- November 24-26: Thanksgiving Break, no classes
- December 6-10: In-class Parent Performance Week
- December 15: Concert consents due
- December 20-31: Winter Break, no classes
- January 17: MLK Jr Day, no classes
- January 28: Skipping pass off party for preschool/pre-k dancers
- February 5: Valentine Ball- Daddy Daughter Night Out
- February 8-14: Wear red, pink, purple week
- February 21: President’s Day, no classes
- Mar 14-19: Wear green week
- Mar 28-Apr 1: Spring Break, no classes
- April 8: Mom & Daughter Paint Night
- April 11-15: Parent Peek Week
- April 18: Pathways for Dancers Meeting
- April 11-20: Rollover Rally
- May 2-6: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 30: Memorial Day, no classes
- June 4: Concert Picture Day
- June 8: Tumbling Exhibition
- June 17: Last day of classes
- June 18: Concert
- June 21-23: 2022-23 Company Auditions