Welcome to a new season at Studio 56 Dance Center!
Classes begin on August 29th, 2022. Whether you are a new or returning family, please take a moment to read this email and the ones that will follow. We want to help you put your best foot forward as you step into our classrooms this season.
My name is Amy Moore, and I am the Director here at Studio 56 Dance Center! My team and I are looking forward to a year filled with learning and growing through the performing arts, and we are thrilled that you will be joining us! Our staff has been busy preparing an effective curriculum, along with exciting opportunities and events.
We hope you will jump in and get involved with all we have to offer.
HELPFUL ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS!
What is my “parent portal?”
- This is your own online dance account that you can access from our website www.studio56dance.com. Use the email you provided to us when you registered and select “forgot my password” if you haven’t logged in before. You can look up your class schedules, update contact and payment information, view past and future charges/payments, and enroll in new classes through the parent portal on our website.
When is my child's class?
- You are registered for our current season that runs August 29, 2022-June 16th 2023. You can find specific information about the classes your dancer is registered for in your parent portal, including day, time, and drop off location.
Getting Ready for Class
- Participants should get dressed for class, fix their hair, and use the restroom before coming to class.
- Participants should wear street shoes they can take off and put on by themselves.
- Participants should arrive in a cover-up or jacket as needed for the weather.
- Please use a small bag for your belongings and leave extra items at home.
- Keep your check-in card attached to your school bag and bring it every week. New students will be given their card at their first class.
- Clearly label your child's items with his/her name.
Drop Off and Pick Up
- Families are welcome to use our main entrances to our building. Please note that entrances are locked during lower traffic times for safety. If you encounter a locked rear door, please ring the buzzer.
When returning for pick up, all classes will participate in a drive-through pick-up line. We'll give out instructions the first week of class during drop off on how your pick up will work.
Please watch our parking lot safety and procedures videos so you are prepared.
- East Murray Video
- West Murray Video
With your help we can have a successful and safe experience every week.
Studio 56 Dance Center has always been a leader in safety. We provide training in CPR, First Aid, injury prevention, social media safety, and abuse prevention as well as clear guidance on age appropriate artistic choices for our teachers.
Can I watch class?
- In an effort to maximize both instructional time and observational time, parent observation will be permitted for the entire class once per year. Dates are noted on the event calendar. Feel free to come in that week and peek in to see how they are progressing! We ask you to observe quietly with cell phones turned off and younger siblings left at home.
What does my dancer need to wear?
- View the Dress Code
We can size you on your first day for required class attire. You can also pre-order items on the First of Year Order Form or visit our Online Store. You will be prompted to login and then select "search online store" in the navigation.
Please purchase a NICE pair of leather ballet shoes! A ballet shoe that fits well makes for a happier dance experience. We carry shoes of all sizes in stock at both locations. Stop by and we can fit your dancer!
Does my dancer get to perform?
Yes! All dancers participate in our end of year concert and tumblers participate in our tumbling exhibition. Information for recital is in the Studio 56 Dance Center Parent Guide including investment amounts and other details.
Stars, Preschool dance, Pre-K dance, and Hip Hop classes also have the opportunity to perform at our in-studio Holiday Performance “Christmas Cookie Social.”
When does this season end?
- Our current classes will run through June 16, 2023.
What do you need to do next?
- Your personalized schedule is viewable in the Parent Portal
Select “Account Login” and log into your account
View your class schedule by selecting “View All My Classes” in the top left navigation.
Make sure you know what location your child is attending.
Submit the following:
Membership Form (This wavier and policy agreement must be submitted before your child’s first class.)
- Join the Facebook Group for our Studio Families
Follow @studio56dance on Facebook and Instagram
Add our studio email (email@example.com) on your “inbox good list” so you don’t miss anything. We send a monthly newsletter and a variety of program specific emails throughout the month. Nothing takes the fun out of great activities faster than not knowing what’s going on.
We are excited to have you in our Studio 56 Dance Family and look forward to the many wonderful years ahead of us! If you have any questions, please don't ever hesitate to call or email us. We are here to help you along every step of your dance journey!
Amy Moore, Owner & Director
Studio 56 Dance Center's Two Murray Locations:
170 W Winchester St Murray, Utah
700 East 5600 South Murray, Utah