COVID—19 Update for Studio 56 Dance Center Families
COVID UPDATE AS OF JANUARY 10, 2022
Dear Studio 56 Dance Center & Preschool Families,
We are proud to continue offering consistent weekly class experiences that support the physical, social-emotional, and mental health of our staff and students. Since re-opening in June of 2020 we have made all necessary adaptations to our programs, following local, national, and industry guidance, to support a Safer Studio™ learning environment.
As you may be aware, omicron variant is rapidly spreading, and cases are rising in our area. As such, we are strongly recommending and encouraging your child to attend class in a mask, regardless of vaccination status or prior infection. Our staff will remain masked for classes with students ages 12 and younger, and we will continue to create social distancing situations, when possible, within our classrooms.
We have updated our protocols to match recently updated guidance from the CDC and Salt Lake County Health Department, which shortens the isolation/quarantine period to 5 days for individuals who test positive for COVID-19. The updated guidelines are as follows:
If you test positive for COVID-19:
- Report the positive case to Studio 56 Dance Center via our excused absence form on our website.
- Isolate at home for 5 days from the day you test positive, even if you don’t have symptoms or feel sick. Isolation is required regardless of whether you are vaccinated or boosted.
- You can leave your house after five days if you’ve been fever-free for at least 24 hours and your symptoms have improved.
- Continue to wear a mask around others for five additional days.
If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19:
- If you have received two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine:
- You can continue to go to school, work, and participate in activities outside your home.
- It’s recommended you wear a mask for 10 days after exposure and get tested 5 days after you are exposed to make sure you are not spreading the virus to others.
- If you are not fully vaccinated (two doses of Pfizer or Moderna):
- You should wear a mask to school, work, and other activities outside your home for 10 days after exposure and get tested 5 days after you are exposed to make sure you are not spreading the virus to others.
- OR, if you don’t want to come to class in a mask, you should stay at home for 10 days after you are exposed and get tested at least 5 days after you are exposed to make sure you are not spreading the virus to others.
Read more about updates and current CDC Guidelines HERE.
Studio 56 Dance Center and Preschool continues to see an extremely low incidence of COVID-19 in our programs, while experiencing very positive reports of the benefits of keeping students engaged in activities. Our building continues to maintain enhanced cleaning protocols including state-of-the-art air circulation.
As always, kindness and respect towards each other goes a long way to help us all through some of these bumps in the road. We're all doing our best to move forward productively and positively, and we look forward to seeing everyone continue with that in mind. We also continue to plan for spring performances, sharing hope and confidence with our students of brighter days ahead!
We continue to be here for our staff, our students, our families, and our community <3.
Thank you for continuing with us!
Ms. Amy and the Studio 56 Dance Center & Preschool Faculty