FALL PERFORMANCE HAIRSTYLE
Hair should be parted in the middle and slicked tight into a low bun. When making your bun, please do not use any donuts, sponges or bun former tools. The bun should sit pretty flat to the head. Full hair and makeup details can be found in the company competition guide book!
Bun and makeup tutorial: (center part NOT a left part) https://sites.google.com/view/studio-56-tutorials/home
- Part your hair down the center and smooth all your hair with water/gel/hairspray to give it a clean look.
- Pull hair into a low bun tail straight back, inline with the top of your ear
- Secure hair with an elastic
- Secure bun with hairpins, bobby pins and a hairnet
- Hairspray the front again and secure any flyaways.
COMPANY MAKE UP
All dancers need to wear the required company makeup. Substitutions of brands and colors are not allowed.
- Dancers in 3-6th grade and on Petite, Teen or Collective are required to wear the JAM 1⁄2 eyelashes
- Dancers in 7th grade+ and on Petite, Teen or Collective are required to wear the JAM full eyelashes
- additional lashes can be purchased in the studio store.
UPDATES TO VIDEO/NOTES:
- We do not require you to purchase their base, please use something that matches your child's skin color.
- NO white liner
- Underneath liner should follow the eye, do not leave a gap
- NO lip liner, and lipstick. We use lipsense color BluuRed
Step by Step Written Guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w1NBgJ1-DaXkgGLCmcvkeMks9qfl5Euv/view
HOW TO APPLY LASHES:
- you have to use lash glue!
- less is more
- use a toothpick to spread and press corners
- blow on it a bit to make it tacky before sticking
If you have full lashes, make sure you size and trim before using.
Steps to trimming:
- Measure your eye using the clean, unused false eyelash. The quickest way to fit your lashes is to lay the lash over the upper lash line using your fingers and tweezers. ...
- Trim the lash where you made a mark with the tweezers. To trim the false lashes, cut from the outside edge.
Studio 56 Dance Center's Two Murray Locations:
170 W Winchester St Murray, Utah
700 East 5600 South Murray, Utah